In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Keepin' It Mobile with YouVersion

I love my iPhone. Anytime someone has a random questions it takes me 2 seconds flat to pull out my iPhone and Google it. My boyfriend will tease me any chance he gets about it: "Oh here comes the Google girl...What'd ya find Google girl?" He can tease all he wants, but I really enjoy having the internet at my fingertips. I hate leaving questions unanswered or not being able to remember a detail. "What's the name of that actor?" or "What year did such-and-such happen?"... Those kinds of questions aren't unanswered for long because me and my phone work together like magic.  It's also pretty handy when I get bored and I have about a million apps to play with.

Recently, I've discovered a new app that I LOVE, and I want to share it with all of you. It's available for any smartphone, iPad, etc. YouVersion is a program that has an interactive Bible. You can browse through scripture in almost any translation. They also offer countless study plans, devotionals, and list live events in your area. When you're reading the Bible, you have the option to add bookmarks and notes to certain passages. They also have a website with even more resources. I try to take 10-15 minutes a day on my bus ride to school going through a couple reading plans. YouVersion has tons of topical plans, so you are sure to find something that can help you with anything going on in your life. From relationships to grief, there's a plan on just about any topic you can imagine. You can make a free account with YouVersion and access your notes, bookmarks, and reading plans from any computer or smart phone. Creating an account also allows you share any passage with your friends via email, Twitter, or Facebook.

So go to the iTunes App Store and find the FREE YouVersion Bible app. Or, go to YouVersion.Com and check out what they have to offer. I can say from experience that it's so handy to have a Bible on hand whenever you need it. No heavy book to carry around just your smart phone or iPad... or home computer.

Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."

2 Timothy 3:16-17
"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work."

I pray that each of you makes time to read God's word. Hopefully, YouVersion will help you find this time wherever you may be. I encourage you to pray that God illuminates His word to you so that you can be moved by the power it has. The Bible is without a doubt the greatest text every created. It's such a gift to experience it, so take the time to listen to what God is speaking to you through scripture.


May God Bless You All,
Emily Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment